6.12.2017

iPhone for a week from and Android user

The first iPhone ever bought was an iPhone 4S. I ran over it one day and upgrade to an iPhone 5. Shortly after that I wound up leaving iOS going to android. I miss some of the features of the iOS and some specific apps and the abundance of accessories everywhere, but I really like the android operating system.

Since changing to android I've had several different phones ranging from LG, Samsung, HTC and Motorola. Most recently I have on a Motorola Z Droid. Recently I started having Bluetooth connectivity problems with it dropping connections with my android watch and completely erasing the profile of my truck. On top of that, everyone keeps tell me to go buy an iPhone. So I bought an iPhone, Peer pressure.

I looked around at different models of iPhones. I debated home buying a new iPhone 7, but instead I have found a really good deal on an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB. So I bought it. So I decided I was going to test it out cold turkey. I put my SIM card in and started loading apps.

It's a pretty phone it's a little slick that needs a case to keep from falling out of my hand. The more I use it the more and more I am wanting to go back to my old android. Although I said I was going to try at least for a week I don't know if I can last that long.

First I noticed it dropping a lot of calls where I normally don't drop calls. This could be a service provider issue but I'm not quite sure. Next one of the applications I use the most is my password manager. I use LastPass. I really miss it popping up to fill in passwords on most every app. On the iPhone I'm constantly having to swap between the application I am in and going back and forth to look up a password and then swap back applications. This may be fine for some people that use the same password over and over, but I use a different password on every website. It's a major annoyance.

Another problem I have is the apps I use. They are the same apps but a different layout. I really miss being able to sit in a chair with one hand holding my android phone and being able to control Facebook and other social apps without having to take my hand from the bottom of the screen to the top and screen.

The worst thing about the iPhone is the stupid proprietary lightning cable. I mean why Apple. This cable sucks. Where is the fast charging too?

It hasn't all been bad though. I really do like how long the battery life is on this iPhone. Also the voice transcription is a whole lot better than Google has ever been.

Here is a comparison of the two on PhoneArena.

My Droid is lighter, better screen resolution, Higher MP camera on front and back, more RAM and expandable storage. The iPhone advantage is more radio frequencies, newer Bluetooth and a slightly larger battery. Price from Verizon: Droid Z = $624.99 ; iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB $749.99
So, as I finished typing I keep asking myself, is there something I am missing?

No comments: