12.03.2009

Fast Customer Service from Amazon.com

It amazes me how fast and usually great Amazon.com Customer Service is. Today I sent them a complaint about a package not being delivered timely. Actually this is the second package this week. In a matter of minutes they responded.

Complaint (from their web email):

Comments:This is the second item that I have ordered in the past week that has failed to be delivered on time. This is very upsetting to me as I have never had this problem with Amazon before. The first item that I order was last Friday and was supposed to be delivered on Saturday but was not delivered until yesterday. The extra shipping was refunded but I still had to go and purchase the item somewhere else and then return Amazon package. This particular item was shipped overnight because it is for my father's computer and someone was scheduled to install the item tonight. According to UPS, this item has not even made it into his state. This not only looks bad on Amazon but for me too, especially after I bragged about how great of a company Amazon is. I have been a Amazon Prime member for 2 years and my 3rd year is set to start this month. I have been debating on renewing if after these incidents. I know that you will look into my claim and rectify this to the best of your ability.

Response:

Hello,
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I've checked the tracking on your order #105-1110509-XXXXX and see that your order was shipped by carrier UPS and it's scheduled to be delivered by December 3.
You can view the available tracking information from the Order Summary in Your Account at the address below: (Retracted) I'll keep track of your package and send another e-mail by December 4, if I see any delivery problems. Right now, your package is on time and in transit. UPS may not location scan all of their shipments, which occasionally limits the available tracking data. Tracking information may not appear until the package has been delivered. I've contacted UPS to get more information about where your order might be. As soon as we hear back from them, we'll send you an update by e-mail. I expect that we'll have more information for you within short time, but if it's taking longer than expected, please feel free to follow up with us again. Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested: (retracted) Also, I'm forwarding your feedback about this issue to our shipping department--I know they'll consider your feedback as we plan for further improvements of our service. We're aware that our choice of delivery services reflects on our business as a whole, and we appreciate your feedback.
Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble with your recent orders. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we look into this issue. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question: (Retracted)
Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.
To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.
Best regards,
Srilatha K.Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

No comments: